Thursday, November 06, 2008

Mother I

Idiots...they are my pet peeve. I have written here before about my stuggles with people who don't want to pay my husband for work he had performed. I can't think of anything I like less than to fight for what is mine. They will tell me, "Oh the check is on the way, sorry about the confusion" and it not be. I will have to write or call AGAIN to get told the same bull AGAIN, and people wonder why I trust no one. I HATE being lied to! Seriously.

Just recently, I went through another idiot session with a book club I am the homeschool liason for. I had a bunch of money to give them, and they didn't want to take it. For 9 days, I went through baloney. I finally had to become a very assertive individual...and demand that they fix the problem as well as ship my stuff express mail, on their dime. They did it... I shouldn't have to do this, but it works.

I don't take crap from anyone, and while it is a good quality to have, it leaves me unable to trust most people. I am forever saying "Yeah, sure" when talking about someone's word. Not necessarily to their faces, but to myself or my husband. I am a great judge of character, and usually am right. It is a sad state of affairs though, when you can't trust people...

No comments: