Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ashley and heart issues

Man, this parenting gig....it's for the birds, I tell ya! The latest journey I am traveling now deals with my oldest daughter. She is miss lanky, tall and skinny. She weighs 110 soaking wet, and is 5'9" tall. So, when she started experiencing chest pain and fast heartbeats, I thought it was from growing. It's not gone away, and her birth father died from a heart attack in his 30's, so I am getting a little worried. We took her to the doctor today, and she heard no murmurs or anything weird, but she got x-rays and blood work done, and will get to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours. This is scary! I am always grace under pressure, and no one thinks I am really concerned about things, and most of the time, I am not....simply because I know minor stuff is no big deal and will go away. This is not minor, and I really pray that nothing is wrong with her heart. Genetics is a big deal, but her birth father wasn't the healthiest of individuals. That makes a difference. However, His father died from a heart attack when he was a kid, so maybe there is more to it. Anyway, if its not one thing, its another.....Just when I got the house mostly done and thought I would have time to blog, I need to monitor a heart holster and take my kiddo to the hospital for tests. Oh boy.....

Lord, keep my baby safe!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

(((Hugs)))

I'll be praying for you, today.

JoAnn said...

Holly, I'm praying for you and Ashley , too! I'm so sorry that you're going through this!

Did they check her thyroid? Fast heartbeats can be caused by elevated levels of thyroid hormone...I ask because you describe her as "skinny". Until recently, my eldest daughter was skinny too, and she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism.

Anonymous said...

saying a prayer for Ashley.

holly said...

Thank you all for your prayers. Her initial blood work came back fine, but we are still waiting for the heart moniter. I will mention the thyroid to her dr. and see if that is something we need to consider...thanks for mentioning it, Joann.